Pet Obedience Theory and Application Program
Pet Obedience Theory and Application is designed to enhance the attendee’s communication with their dog(s) and to improve the human-canine bond. This course will also introduce attendees to the exciting field of dog training. This 40-hour/week course runs concurrently with the Canine Training Specialist program. Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of this workshop. Participants who complete this course are eligible to continue on in the Canine Training Specialist Program. Through a combination of lecture and hands-on training attendees will learn training theory and techniques in the areas below.
See Schedule and Pricing in the left sidebar.
- Learning Theory: Have you ever wanted to get inside your dog’s mind? Learn the history and science of how dogs learn, and why they do the things they do.
- Basic Obedience: A well trained dog is a happy dog. Our instructors will show you a variety of tools and techniques to teach your dog basic obedience exercises.
- Clicker Training: Want to speed up your dog’s learning by fifty percent? Experience firsthand the importance of timing when using a clicker to teach a dog new behaviors.
- Behavior Problems: One of the main reasons dogs end up in shelters is because of behavior problems. Our instructors will teach you techniques for prevention and management of behavior problems such as digging, jumping up, running away, chewing, house soiling, and much more.
- Puppy Training: Our staff will teach you how to properly socialize, potty train, build confidence, and imprint puppies to make the perfect companion. Because puppies are always learning, we teach you how to start off on the right paw.
- Basic Dog Care: Responsible pet ownership means ensuring the health and safety of your dog. Learn how to properly care for dogs and recognize signs and symptoms of health related problems.
- Agility: Agility has become the fastest growing dog sport in the world. Learn how this exciting sport can enhance your relationship with your dog.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page here.
This 8-week course of instruction prepares students to work with a wide variety of dog temperaments utilizing numerous training techniques. Graduates may find suitable employment in veterinary clinics, boarding kennels, training kennels, obedience clubs and private dog training companies.
This 12-week course of instruction prepares students for advanced training principles including behavior and obedience. Graduates may find suitable employment in veterinary clinics, boarding kennels, training kennels, obedience clubs, and private dog training companies.