Pet Obedience Theory and Application Program
|Session||Start Date||End Date|
|1||September 27, 2021||October 22, 2021|
|2||February 7, 2022||March 4, 2022|
Includes tuition, application fee, and books. A non-refundable Application Fee of $50.00 is required with your application, and upon acceptance, a refundable $500 tuition deposit is required to hold your spot in class. These fees will be applied to the full tuition cost. An additional $300.00 training equipment package is required.
Pet Obedience Theory and Application is designed to enhance the attendee’s communication with their dog(s) and to improve the human-canine bond. This course will also introduce attendees to the exciting field of dog training. This 40-hour/week course runs concurrently with the Canine Training Specialist program. Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of this workshop. Participants who complete this course are eligible to continue on in the Canine Training Specialist Program. Through a combination of lecture and hands-on training attendees will learn training theory and techniques in the areas below.
On-Site Student Housing
Housing Descriptions can be found on our Facilities page. Housing Deposit fee: $350
($200 is refundable after class if housing is left in good condition)
Private w/ Shared Bath
$620 / 4 Weeks
Master w/ Private Bath
$720 / 4 Weeks
- Learning Theory: Have you ever wanted to get inside your dog’s mind? Learn the history and science of how dogs learn, and why they do the things they do.
- Basic Obedience: A well trained dog is a happy dog. Our instructors will show you a variety of tools and techniques to teach your dog basic obedience exercises.
- Clicker Training: Want to speed up your dog’s learning by fifty percent? Experience firsthand the importance of timing when using a clicker to teach a dog new behaviors.
- Behavior Problems: One of the main reasons dogs end up in shelters is because of behavior problems. Our instructors will teach you techniques for prevention and management of behavior problems such as digging, jumping up, running away, chewing, house soiling, and much more.
- Puppy Training: Our staff will teach you how to properly socialize, potty train, build confidence, and imprint puppies to make the perfect companion. Because puppies are always learning, we teach you how to start off on the right paw.
- Basic Dog Care: Responsible pet ownership means ensuring the health and safety of your dog. Learn how to properly care for dogs and recognize signs and symptoms of health related problems.
- Agility: Agility has become the fastest growing dog sport in the world. Learn how this exciting sport can enhance your relationship with your dog.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page here.